Steve's Misadventures

Exciting travels with Steve, starting with a six-week stint in Italy.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Writer's Block

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
-Aristotle
Does it ever seem like the more knowledge you have, the harder it is to write something? I feel like after all my years of learning that it just gets harder to write something because I know how insufficient it is. I feel like there is now this necessity to be grand and complete.

So nothing is getting done. Every step forward is accompanied by two steps backwards.

I know I can't be everything to everyone, but, dammit, I want to be. I want to be everything to me, at least, and that is becoming more and more demanding a proposition.

I think the answer is inevitably going to be that I just have to start with something. Anything. Then that something will have to be revised and embellished and cut and fucked around until it gets to where it needs to be. But that something has to come from nothing. A lot of nothing.

AAACK!

1 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger Janis said...

Just Start Dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home