Steve's Misadventures

Exciting travels with Steve, starting with a six-week stint in Italy.

Friday, October 20, 2006

I'm Alive, How's That?

I think it's safe to assume no one is reading this, except maybe me.

Well you know what happens when you assume, don't you?

So, being alive is an interesting thing -- and it seems to be ALL I'VE got to be.

But how did I get this way? And is there another way I could have been? I didn't ASK to be alive.

I think about Lazarus living (in his afterlife) eternally in the lap of Abraham. It would be nice to always have someone there to cradle you and tell you everything will be alright. But I wouldn't want to have to suffer a tormented life just to live in some dude's lap for eternity.

When you're lost, when you're alone and you can't get back again
I will find you and darling I'll bring you home.
-Sade, By Your Side

So who's going to find me and bring me home? And who's going to watch me die?

Que sera sera, I guess. But I want to know now. I want to be everything -- not just alive. Don't tell me the future's not ours to see. Don't tell me you want to see other futures.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Janis said...

why would you read your own blog... don't you realize you almost never write in it?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Janis said...

you know... i thought you'd totally dig spending the rest of eternity in some dude's lap.

Cheer up, i'd definitely be at your deathbed if i wasn't dead already. i'll even bring some plastic bouncy balls that you like so much... and maybe some almonds too

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Tong! What are you doing reading my blog?

It's cool. I just wanted to riff on the alive thing. Actually... I find this blog medium stifles my writing. Not that my writing flows that well anywhere else.

It's really like pulling teeth this writing bizniss... or like summoning... as I've mentioned somewhere before. Raising the dead perhaps. I think of myself as a necromancer. And a romancer of necks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home