Steve's Misadventures

Exciting travels with Steve, starting with a six-week stint in Italy.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Paris in Review


The Eiffel Tower
Originally uploaded by stevegin_2000.
Now that I'm in London, I ought to say a word or two about Paris.

The Orsay Museum was a real highlight. Of the three museums I saw, it was really the most stunning.

The Pompidou centre had only two exhibitions open, one on Dada Art and the other called "The Big Bang", which takes you through a big survey of modern art. I really enjoyed both.

The Louvre was, as expected, huge. I really loved the Italian paintings. I thought the heaps of French paintings were mostly forgettable, except for the Rubens room and maybe a dozen or so others. I'm pretty ethnocentric with the Italians right now, so don't take my word for it.

The Eiffel Tower was fun to ride up and the view was very nice. Something you have to do once in your life.

It was raining in Paris and it is raining in London. Today I'm probably going to go exploring and possibly hit the London National Gallery, because I haven't seen enough museums or art.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Janis said...

You know... I never went up the eiffel... and I can't say I regret not going either...but each to their own...

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

vive le boner jams italia!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home