Steve's Misadventures

Exciting travels with Steve, starting with a six-week stint in Italy.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

London Underground


Welcome to My Nightmare
Originally uploaded by stevegin_2000.
I'm in Amsterdam now, trying to reflect on my glorious stay in London, UK.

First off, special thanks to Mr. Alex Wong, for the tremendous and reasonably-priced hospitality. He showed me, again, the sights that ordinary tourists never get to see -- like the cellar-turned-electronic-dance-party that you will see pictured in my gallery. Great night with great mates!

Thanks also to Maria and Nick, for putting up with two extra bodies in your flat and all the inconveniences and mess that causes! I really appreciate it.

Also, it was great to see Mr. Stephen Chu of Extreme CCTV. It was really cool to coincide our travels and meet with someone from the other side. I hope you had a fantastic time -- I did!

Because I saw all these cool things, I didn't have time for all the touristy things that London is famous for. Oh well, as Alex says, "Westminster Abbey will always be there" and London Bridge is, in fact, not falling down -- I actually walked over it and it was very stable indeed. I did get a chance to see the National Gallery, which is probably my favourite art museum, especially for paintings. San Marco and Uffizi in Florence are up there as well, but don't have the variety.

London is a great place to shop and I did my share to support the British economy. Very expensive place for everything, especially when I am paying in CAD. This earthly body is not going to live long enough to regret spending a few extra pounds on this and that. At least I'm spending on food and clothes and not bombs.

We'll see how I handle this next city... it promises to be quite exciting!

3 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Sounds like you are having fun.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Janis said...

Yay Food not Bombs!

National Gallery was my favorite too! I'm glad that we at least agree on one thing about europe :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that guy is pretty hollywood!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home