A Weekend in Venezia
This past weekend was the Venice trip. I first travelled there with the entire class, then stayed on for an extra night along with Vicki, Melody and Shannon.
Venezia is a strange place -- probably like nothing you've ever seen, unless you've been there. I enjoyed its strangeness, but I don't think I would really want to go back. It is intensely touristy and once you've seen ten or twenty canals and gondolas, you've seen them all. I've also had my fill of glass and mask shops. I might have liked to see some of the galleries with the paintings by Bellini and Tiziano, but I have been a bit galleried out (and churched out) by Firenze, Siena, Assissi, etc.
The Biennale Modern Art Exhibition was cool. Modern art is really disturbing, funny, exciting, lovely.
Well, my last week here has finally started. I'm a little anxious about leaving, but I have lots to do before I go. We have a planned trip to Volterra and San Gimignano on Thursday, Friday or Saturday I'm going to Rome and then Milan and Cremona. Then to Vienna...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home