Steve's Misadventures

Exciting travels with Steve, starting with a six-week stint in Italy.

Monday, November 28, 2005

On the Road


Me and my Packs in the Snow
Originally uploaded by stevegin_2000.
Well, I made it to Barcelona!

I'm afraid I used up all my bandwidth for this month on my Flickr account, so there will be no more pictures until 1 December, which is pretty soon.

Since I last posted, I've been to both Lausanne, Switzerland and Avignon, France.

Lausanne has a cool museum of art done by unprofessional artists, most of whom were psychopaths of some sort. Very interesting and some decent art as well.

Avignon was quite beautiful and very stylish. I enjoyed the Papal Palace and the Pont d'Avignon and I liked shopping and eating there too.

Barcelona is a spectacular city that I am really starting to love. Everything here is very beautiful and the people are very relaxed and friendly. I have yet to visit the museums and Gaudi buildings, but I will get to that soon. The hostel I'm in is right on the beach, but the weather is not permitting much beaching. I went to a football match tonight in the biggest capacity stadium in the world (or so I'm told). It was very cold, but the stadium was very neat and the game was okay. We will be staying here for a while, so that I can go see the Royksopp concert on 1 December. Then it's off to Paris!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home