Farewell to Field School
Today is my last full day in Prato.
It's been a good run, but the time has come to move on to other places (starting with Rome). I'm going to miss the people I've met here and I really hope that our paths cross at junctions ahead. I know they will, but I hope they are meaningful and not just saying hello at SFU.
There are also some things I'll miss about Prato. The Duomo, the church bells, the little cafes and tabachis whose names I can't recall, Monash University and our wonderful Italian instructors Carla and Irene, the Sunflower, the street parties the foreignness and all the wonderful people who don't understand me.
We had a fun and wacky time last night at the local beer barn, which was a nice culmination of our emotions swimming in some very big and very strong beers.
Best wishes and happy trails to all my fellow field-schoolers and to everyone at home, see you in a month!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home