Steve's Misadventures

Exciting travels with Steve, starting with a six-week stint in Italy.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Long Weekend Good

Hello Everybody.

It's Friday, but we are wandering aimless. It's really the first bit of 'free time' I've had and it feels very nice. I feel like everybody is starting to get into the swing of things here and the party is starting to get going.

Prato is a beautiful city and very laid-back... 3hr lunch breaks!

I saw some beautiful fresci yesterday at the church nearby our residence. These were done by Fillipo Lippi (who was Botticelli's teacher) back in the 1300's (I think) and are currently being cleaned. We were able to walk up the scaffolding and get an extreme close-up look at the paintings which depicted Saint John and Saint Stephen. Remarkable experience; I suggest you all try it!

This Italian keyboard is not agreeing with me very much. The left shift key is too small and the carriage return is in a different shape.

"Every moment is not a poem. Most are. Some great ones are lost while we're sleeping." --Hawksley Workman (paraphrased by me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home